Return to Office Working
At NCL CCG, we are committed to support staff to achieve a balance between home and office working, and to ensure that our staff can work effectively, regardless of location. On this page, you will find all the information you need ahead of visiting one of the CCG office sites, safely and equipped with everything you’ll need for the working day.
If you have any questions about anything on this page, please contact Nclccg.email@example.com
Desks or meeting spaces must be booked before attending the office. This will not only guarantee that you have space to work, but allows the CCG to run reports on office utilisation, as well as notifying staff in the unlikely event of a covid-19 outbreak in the office.
North London Business Park, Laycock Street and 250 Euston Square are able to be booked via the e-booking system, DeskSmart. If you wish to attend Holbrook House, please contact Business Services firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your visit.
Workforce ‘DeskSmart’ e-bookings user guide
- NCL CCG HR ‘Return to Office Working Conversation’ documents – this includes a toolkit, guidance document and conversation template. Every member of staff must complete the ‘Working Conversation’ documents with their line manager, ahead of visiting one of the CCG office sites. Please ensure that you review these documents carefully and arrange a suitable time with your manager to discuss, and return the conversation template to HR (email@example.com).
- NCL CCG Return to the Workplace – working safely during the Covid-19 pandemic’ guidance – This document contains detailed information as to how the CCG is responding the current government guidance on returning to office working; this document was updated in September 2021.
- NCL CCG Covid-19 Office Exposure Guide – this is the process to follow, if there is an outbreak of covid-19; please familiarise yourself with the reporting process, especially if you are a line manager. this document was updated in September 2021.
NCL CCG User Guide for NCL Sites
We have produced a one page guide for each of the CCG office sites, which includes information about how to access the buildings, maps, parking and how to arrange swipe cards etc, which we hope you will find helpful, especially if you have not visited one of the sites before, or are new to the CCG.
The addresses for each of the buildings are:
- Barnet Office – North London Business Park, Building 4, 1st Floor, Oakleigh Road South, London, N11 1GN
- Camden Office – 4th Floor, 250 Euston Road, London, NW1 2PG
- Islington Office – Laycock PDC, 2nd Floor, Laycock Street, London, N1 1TH
Lateral flow testing has been implemented across a number of organisations and settings, including hospitals, care homes, schools and other key services. This testing has been shown to be successful in identifying positive cases; this is particularly important for those who are not displaying any symptoms. About 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms but can still infect others, and so the Government is encouraging everyone to test regularly.
We are asking all staff to take regular lateral flow tests if working from one of our office sites. This is important as we start to further increase our presence in our CCG office sites, in order to keep our colleagues safe. We are asking all staff to undertake a lateral flow test, before attending any of the NCL offices. A negative test result must be received within 3 days prior to attending the office.
Whilst lateral flow testing is not mandatory, there are many benefits to being tested regularly. The lateral flow test itself is relatively simple and only takes a few minutes. Once the test has been taken, individuals have a statutory responsibility to report the test result via the national system (https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result). The results from the test are available within 30 minutes, and the acknowledgement of reporting the result is received almost immediately by text and email, which you can use as evidence of testing.
Following each test, you will receive text and email confirmation, which you may need to show before gaining access to some health organisations to prove that you have had a negative test within the past 3 days.
Staff can access free lateral flow tests by either:
- ordering rapid lateral flow home test kits online, via: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- finding a test site where you can collect rapid lateral flow tests to do at home
- finding a pharmacy where you can collect rapid lateral flow tests to do at home
To get information about test sites near you please follow this link https://www.gov.uk/find-covid-19-lateral-flow-test-site
If you have any concerns or questions over taking lateral flow tests or returning to working in an office environment, please feel free to email the Business Services Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Agile Working Policy and Agile Working Principles
The CCG is committed to providing a range of flexible and agile working options to staff, in order to maintain a committed and skilled workforce, in addition to supporting work life balance and the delivery of high quality services.
The new ‘Agile Working’ policy sets out the commitment by the CCG to support, where possible, more agile working arrangements for both employees/office holders and the CCG. In some circumstances, home working is a viable option for both the organisation and the individual member of staff. This may be on a regular basis or as part of a flexible approach to undertaking an identified role or during special circumstances such as a pandemic.
We are encouraging all staff to read the new ‘Agile Working’ policy and have a discussion with your line manager, to consider how this applies to you.