Infection Prevention and Control guidance
Care Home and Domiciliary settings
- COVID-19: personal protective equipment use for non-aerosol generating procedures
- COVID-19: Safe ways of working
- COVID-19: putting on and removing PPE – a guide for care homes (video)
- Frequently asked questions on wearing PPE
- Recommended PPE for healthcare workers by secondary care impatient clinical setting, NHS and independent sector
- Recommended PPE for primary, outpatient and community care settings
- Recommended PPE for ambulance staff, paramedics, first responders and pharmacists
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): personal protective equipment (PPE) hub
Obtaining Personal Protective Equipment in NCL in response to COVID-19
Online training and support
Infection control e-learning course
Infection prevention and control are essential to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). This video-based course for care providers in care homes and home care will teach you about the spread of infection and what you can do to protect both yourself and the people you care for. We’re also hosting several infection control resources from across the sector.
Skills for Health: Covid-19 resources
This free online resource has been developed for those working in the public sector, particularly key workers, to learn about Covid-19, symptoms, infection prevention, investigation, guidance and support.
The content now includes additional information and training on infection prevention, PPE, hand and respiratory hygiene, management and assessment, sampling and testing, patient transfers/managing patients and much more, to support you in your role.
If you have colleagues who would like to take the course, please direct them to the Skills for Health website.
E-learning for healthcare: Covid-19 programme
This programme has been created by Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. The programme includes key materials to help the health and care workforce respond to Coronavirus. https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/coronavirus/
IPC refresher training
The NEL Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) team has agreed with NHS England and NHS Improvement (London) and the five STP primary care leads across London, to re-purpose the GP and Dental visits IPC SLA in order to support the changing needs of Primary Care. This revised service model has been up and running since June 2020. Due to the growing demands for teaching and advice sessions, we are running monthly IPC refresher webinars.