As part of our commitment to support National Hate Crime Awareness Week and keep awareness levels high on these important matters we arranged a 45-minute staff training workshop. This took place on Monday 22 November. The workshop covered the following topics:
- What is hate crime?
- Why reporting hate crime matters
- How can I report hate crime or support someone to report hate crime?
- Neighbourhood and Community Disputes
- Hate Crime Reporting Centres
- What local support is available for victims of hate crime?
It was delivered by Ray Booth, Chief Executive and Reshma Hirani, Hate Crime Reporting Co-ordinator from Barnet Mencap. They were joined by Police Sergeant Eric Davies and PCSO Michelle Davies.
If you were not able to attend, you can view the presentations here: