Welcome to our Learning Hub!
On this page, you will find details of all the courses and sessions that we have available to support your learning, development and wellbeing. The courses and sessions form part of our organisational development plan which is based on themes from appraisals and the staff survey. Additional dates and courses will continue to be added in the coming months. If you have any ideas for future courses or sessions, or any questions, please contact the OD team: NCLCCG.OD@nhs.net.
Booking system information
We will be using a system called ‘Now Meet’ for people to book onto their courses. Please follow the instructions below:
- On the left hand side, where it says ‘Your name’ – please add your full name followed by your email address in brackets e.g. Caroline Rowe (email@example.com)
- Click which session you want to attend. You only need to click on one session.
- Click submit.
- Once completed, you will receive an email from the OD team to confirm your booking. You will also receive a Teams link for the session which you can add to your calendar.
- For some sessions, staff will be given a pre-questionnaire to gauge knowledge/levels/experience of participants prior to course.
- If you book onto a course and are later unable to attend, please let the OD team know (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that your place can be given to another staff member.
- Each course has limited places available. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. If the course is full, we will let you know about other available dates or place you on a waiting list for future sessions.
- Please ensure you discuss and agree with your line manager before booking on a course.
5 Ways to Wellbeing
Aims & Objectives:
- Increase knowledge, awareness and understanding of the five ways to well-being as a model of self-care
- Understanding of what the five ways to well-being are
- Understand the evidence behind the five ways to well-being model
- Learn how to implement this model as an individual, team leader or senior manager
Date & Time: Tuesday 31 May 2022 at 9.30am to 11am, Tuesday 21 June 2022 at 2.05pm to 3.35pm
Compassionate conversations training
NHS England and NHS Improvement are supporting the wellbeing of our NHS people, and as such have procured a new training programme “supporting colleagues to handle difficult situations with compassion”.
This pilot programme is designed to equip colleagues with appropriate techniques and skills that will support handling difficult situations with compassion, whilst highlighting the importance of looking after your own health and wellbeing at this critical time.
Skills to be gained include:
- An understanding of what we mean by compassion and the types of difficult situations our NHS colleagues may face
- Time to practice skills and techniques that will support you to handle these difficult situations safely and with compassion
- Engagement with colleagues across your region and the opportunity to learn from shared experiences
- Up-to-date information on the national health and wellbeing support offers available to you and your colleagues
To view the available dates in your region, please click on the following link:
For any queries please contact colleagues in the National team via our mailbox:
Deaf Awareness Workshops
Empowering Deaf Society (EDS) is a deaf-led Charity, dedicated to improving the quality of life for deaf people that run free workshops on Deaf Awareness via Zoom.
The Deaf Awareness workshop consists of two one hour Zoom sessions.
- Session one is a one hour presentation introducing the issues and barriers faced by deaf people whilst highlighting strategies to improve your understanding of the challenges facing deaf people and improving your communication skills with colleagues, customers and service users who are affected with a hearing loss.
- Session two is a one hour zoom session giving you an Introduction to British Sign Language Skills to use when communicating with the Deaf Community.
These sessions can be booked to run concurrently or split over different times and days. Participants must have attended the first part of this workshop to be able to book onto the second hour – an Introduction to BSL
More dates coming soon.
Enabling Wellbeing Conversations
Aims & Objectives:
- Learn what a well-being conversation is
- Gain key skills and knowledge required to have an effective well-being conversation
- Learn the framework to have an effective conversation
- Gain an understanding of signposting
Dates & times:
- Tuesday 7 June 2022 at 3 – 4.30pm
- Wednesday 29 June 2022 at 3 – 4.30pm
There are a wide range of leadership and management development programmes available via the NHS Leadership Academy, with some providing an academic qualification on completion.
The CCG is committed to supporting the following leadership programmes available via the NHS Leadership Academy:
- Edward Jenner Programme: An online learning package that supports staff develop essential leadership skills
- Mary Seacole Programme: This programme is designed for those who are looking to move into their new or first time leadership role.
- Ready Now – A programme aimed at staff in bands 8a and above and from under-represented groups that would like to become leaders in the NHS
- Stepping Up – A leadership development programme for aspiring staff from BAME backgrounds who work in roles ranging from band 5-7
- Rosalind Franklin – This programme is for managers leading from the middle of health and care systems, aspiring to lead large and complex programmes, departments, services or systems of care.
View the cohorts and dates for the above programmes, please note the Nye Bevan and Elizabeth Garrett Programmes will not be supported by the CCG at this time.
Individuals will need to ensure they discuss all opportunities with their line manager and where necessary go through SMT/Directorate agreement in line with the Learning and Development Policy.
Further information can be found in the Expression of Interest Form.
Professional Behaviours, Bullying & Harassment
Aims & Objectives:
- Be aware of NCL expected behaviours
- Explore dignity at work and what it means
- Harassment and bullying – its legal context
- Recognising harassing and bullying and its impacts
- Recognising challenging and inappropriate behaviours
- Recognise and understand the 12 toxic behaviours
Date & Time: 30 May 2022 at 2.05 – 3.15pm
Professional Minutes Made Easy (Minute Taking)
Aims & Objectives:
- To understand organising meetings including
- Planning and preparation for the meeting
- Collation and distribution of papers
- Liaising with the Chairperson to ensure subject of meeting is understood and briefed on
- Key words to pick up
- Learn about note taking including
- Different types of note-taking – their purpose and for whom they are written
- The importance of clarity in communication
- The collection and classification of material
- Improving listening, concentration and recall
- To understand the importance of Agenda’s and Minutes
Date and time – Friday 8 April 2022 from 9.30am to 12.30pm
NHS Project and Change Academy Programme
This suite of specially designed and selected modules aims to provide all NHS staff with a clear and consistent understanding of the fundamentals of project and change management activities, to enable them to have a greater impact on delivering successful change.
These modules are just one method of building project and change capability within the NHS workforce and are available for anyone. All modules within this suite may be of particular interest and benefit to those at the beginning of their careers or those currently in a project related role, but do not hold any sort of qualification in this subject matter (non-project professionals).
Course content – the suite of modules includes:
- Getting Started: Projects and Change
- Key Ingredients for Project Success
- Project Leadership: The Role of the Senior Responsible Owner
- Introduction to Benefits Management
- Introduction to Change Management
Each module takes between 30-40 minutes to complete. It is free to register, you can register here.
Please have a discussion and agreement with your line manager before signing up.