Being an NHS employee entitles you to certain benefits. We've listed some highlights below, but it's always worth asking about NHS discounts, whether you're buying a coffee or a holiday.
Not every deal is listed on discount sites, so asking the company or researching online for 'NHS discounts' or 'public sector discounts' is advised. However, two of the most popular sites are Health Service Discounts and NHS Staff Benefits. Free registration will allow you to use promotional codes. To register, simply enter your CCG email address and enter 'NHS North Central London CCG' when prompted for your organisation.
Your NHS ID badge can secure discounts in store with local businesses and big brands.
We would like to remind staff that a subscription to the Health Service Journal (HSJ) is free for all staff. If you would like to subscribe please email communications: email@example.com
Do you currently use childcare vouchers to pay for your childcare provision? If so, you can continue to use the same childcare voucher scheme after the TUPE transfer on 1 April 2020.
You will remain entitled to use up to £243 a month of salary tax and national insurance to pay toward child carer costs. Wellbeing services are incorporated into this scheme free of charge.
Due to changes introduced by the government, the childcare voucher scheme is only applicable to existing staff members already using it.
We’re pleased to announce that staff can take advantage of the substantial savings on offer when buying a bicycle through the Evans Ride-to-Work scheme.
As part of the Government scheme, staff can save up to 42% on the entire range of bicycles at Evans Cycles. With savings of up to 42%, payment in monthly instalments, up to £60 of free accessories and free servicing in the first year – the savings are considerable.
So if you’re thinking about banning the bus and getting back on your bike, here are the four steps you’ll need to follow to take advantage of the Ride-to-Work scheme.
Step 1 – Choose your bicycle and accessories
- You can spend £100–£1000 on a bicycle, clothing and accessories through Evans (in store or online)
- Use Evans Cycles calculator to see how much you can save
Step 2 - Apply for your certificate
- Apply for your certificate here
- You will be prompted to enter an account number; please use one of the following codes:
- Islington CCG: HO-CT02012822
- Haringey CCG: HO-CT01787606
- Complete the application form
- The application will be sent to the CCG’s Ride-to-Work administrator for approval
- Once approved you will receive your certificate via email
Step 3 – Collect your bicycle!
- Redeem your certificate at any Evans Cycles store, online, or over the phone
- Certificates must be redeemed within three months from date of issue
Step 4 – Salary sacrifice
- The bike and equipment are leased to you by the CCG who will deduct monthly ‘salary sacrifice’ amounts from your gross salary to cover the cost of the equipment. At the end of the lease agreement, you will own the bike and accessories once all the payments have been made.
- Complete a Change Form detailing the amount you are due to pay per month (calculated using the Evans Cycles Saving Calculator) and send to payroll at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that your bike will not be insured by the CCG or by Evans – this is something you will need to arrange yourself.
If you leave the CCG before you have made all the payments you will need to pay the remaining balance (usually this will be taken from your final salary payment from the CCG).
For more information click here for FAQs or contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01293 572 325
Permanent staff employed at NCL CCG can apply for a loan to cover the cost of an annual season ticket for travel from home to work by rail or other transport services. An application form needs to be completed and signed by your Line Manager, please seek help from the CCG finance department if you have any difficulty with the form.
NHS staff (plus family and friends) can enjoy 13% discount on airport parking across the UK. Click here to access the site.